I don't claim to be a great cook or to have any original recipes. I love collecting new and interesting recipes and I especially love all my old favorites that I have used over the years. Many recipes are from family and friends and I love them because every time I use them I am reminded of that person and/or some great memories that are attached. I am using this format to begin to put all my recipes in one place. I have attempted this in many different ways but none have been very successful. I am hoping that this will do the trick. Right now for recipes I reference a few different cookbooks, a small 3x5 card box, and a large plastic tub with loose papers. Not a great system. This is my new leaf. Ideally, every day I can put at least one of my recipes into this blog. This will make it so easy and quick for me to refer to and also to share my favorites with friends and family who ask for recipes.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

German Pancakes

1/4 cup butter 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 6 eggs, lightly beaten 1/8 teaspoon salt Heat oven to 350 degrees Place butter in 9x13 pan or medium size casserole Place pan in the oven to melt butter; watch closely Remove pan from the oven Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix lightly with a beater Pour mix into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve with maple syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment