I don't claim to be a great cook or to have any original recipes. I love collecting new and interesting recipes and I especially love all my old favorites that I have used over the years. Many recipes are from family and friends and I love them because every time I use them I am reminded of that person and/or some great memories that are attached. I am using this format to begin to put all my recipes in one place. I have attempted this in many different ways but none have been very successful. I am hoping that this will do the trick. Right now for recipes I reference a few different cookbooks, a small 3x5 card box, and a large plastic tub with loose papers. Not a great system. This is my new leaf. Ideally, every day I can put at least one of my recipes into this blog. This will make it so easy and quick for me to refer to and also to share my favorites with friends and family who ask for recipes.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weekend Brunch Casserole

3 c. Shredded hash brown potatoes
1 c. monterey jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c. diced ham or canadian bacon
1/4 c green onion, sliced
4 lg. eggs, beaten
1 can evaporated milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
(Double the recipe for a 9X13 pan)

Spread thawed potatoes evenly in 2 qt. greased baking dish.
Sprinkle w/cheese, ham and onion.
Combine remaining ingredients
Pour over casserole
(Casserole may be covered and chilled overnight at this point)
Bake uncovered @ 350 for 40-45 min. (55-60 if chilled)
Let stand 5 min. before serving.
Serves 6

This is our traditional Christmas breakfast along with cinnamon rolls and a large stack of bacon.
The kids love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment